Tuesday 12 August 2014

Nothing to Report

One thing I have nearly learnt over the past few years is that while something in the studio might seem a great idea unfortunately it's utter genius may not translate into a gallery space. My current problem is making a thing that will provide for the viewer the tension of being on the brink of collapse and simultaneously not break down for a month. Even with my tweaking there is certainly more than a little danger of the latter. Mind you it wouldn't be the first time I have spent a private view taping things back together, and while such furtive repairs tend to make me sweat, I'm sure they make interesting viewing. The show in question is due to open at the same time as that great machine Frieze, details to follow soon. I am also looking forward to the reunion this coming Sunday of "The Count of Monte Cristo", an artistic cabal worthy of any of Holmes' greatest mysteries. The group is growing and hopes to cause mild stirrings in a number of locations in the following year. But I mustn't go on. My darling Annabel says she has grown weary of folk who constantly allude to future excitement, indeed she has had to limit her time on Facebook as it is giving her the vapours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment